New Film Released- The Children of China
Oct. 3, 2015
I’m very excited to announce the release our newest film, highlighting the events from our last two China Missions Trips. From having the privilege of leading many missions trips with my wife Janis, each trip seems to have it’s own flavor and set of experiences. This last trip was no exception! In fact, we had a rare opportunity to actually hold an outreach in a public square in a village that was literally hundreds, if not thousands, of years old. It was reminisce of the village in the movie The Inn of the Sixth Happiness.
On the technical side, this video took me about 30 hours to make. It was probably the most difficult film I’ve made for the ministry. Halfway through I really ran into a dead-end, not knowing how to filter through the thousands of video clips and piece them in a logical flow. But thank God, step by step, it began to form. A very helpful aspect was gathering feedback from the rest our ministry team. It is so insightful to receive ideas and correction when working on something like this.
Some of the highlights from the events in the film were:
- The entire village in southwest China being exposed to the Gospel
- Roughly 80 children from this village hearing about and receiving Jesus for the first time
- The children in the orphanage continue to grow in the things of God to be missionaries to the towns they came from
- Visiting a kindergarten for the first time
- A strong response from Faith Family Church Hong Kong with team members and support for both trips
If you’re heart was moved for the children of China, then this is just the beginning! I encourage you to act on what God is stirring in you. Some obvious action points are prayer, giving, and going on a missions trip. All three are a necessity for the work like what you saw in the film to be accomplished. As you act on what God is leading you in, not only will you be blessed but you will have a part in the Gospel spreading in the great nation of China.